Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Let's Play a Game!

I admit it....I LOVE the show "Chopped" on the Food Network! It's always entertaining to see what the chefs do with the bizarre sets of ingredients they find in the famous baskets. I'm frequently amazed at how they put together foods that I would have never even dreamed of including in a single meal. I also find out about a lot of foods that are new to me - I've never even heard of many of the things they are given to cook!

So I was thinking today...wouldn't it be fun to make up my own version of what they do on "Chopped?" It wouldn't involve any competition or short cooking times, but how about I have you, my wonderful readers, send me a list of 2-4 ingredients that you have on hand and see if I can put them together in a meal?

The premise of this blog is to take leftovers and turn them into new meals, but I can't possibly dream up every food combination you might encounter in your kitchen. So let's have some fun! Leave me a comment with a few items you need to use, and let's see if I can come up with a mealtime idea. I'm up for the challenge - tell me what's in your fridge and I'll try to make it a meal! :-)

5 comments:

  1. Oooo...great idea. Let's see what in my fridge... meatballs, carrots, and eggs. Of course I have all manner of rice, pasta, yada yada.
    BTW, thanks for the suggestion on the Bread Machine cookbook. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chopped too, but James's hair (one the winners challenge thingy they have going on) is grossing me out.
    I don't have anything in the frige that I have to use, but I think tortellini shoup sounds good and I have all the ingredients on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got home from a busy day. Let me look and challenge you tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my fridge are leftover chicken and rice (creamy like risotto) and half a can of apricot halves, half a can of pear halves, some cheddar cheese and cauliflower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What would you do with chunks of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rice, and NO soy sauce?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments....please let me know you were visiting!