Friday, April 24, 2009

More Fun with Leftover Roast

I mentioned in a prior post that I still had some leftover roast. Tonight I used it in a very unique way. I created a Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza!! Here's how it looked, but I wish I could let you taste it!! Yummmm!!!!


I made a sourdough pizza crust (in the bread machine) and par-baked it to get a wonderful rise. Then instead of pizza sauce, I spread ketchup on the crust. Now, please know that I did NOT put it on as thickly as I would have the pizza sauce. I just put a light coating over the entire crust. Then I topped it with the rest of my roast, bacon bits, and mushrooms and a drizzle of mustard on the part for DH and me. I then covered it in shredded CHEDDAR cheese and baked it. Now, if the kids would have tolerated it, I would have also added diced tomato, and I considered pickles. Both would have been very good. None of us like onions, so that wasn't an option! lol

This was such a wonderful dinner! It was unique enough to be very interesting, and the mustard drizzle was absolutely fabulous. Everyone asked me to make it again soon. I love experimenting with pizza, and especially when creative leftovers are involved. This little experiment is most definitely a keeper!!!

For more great recipes, be sure and visit the Grocery Cart Challenge!!

4 comments:

  1. What size roast do you buy?? I usually buy the smaller ones when they are on sale. I only get 1 meal and maybe a lunch for my husband. I would love to be able to get 3 meals from 1 roast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful and I know what I will be doing with our left over roast. Thank you for the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute blog! :) love it! Just became a follower!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments....please let me know you were visiting!