Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pot Roast, Revisited

Yesterday I made a pot roast for dinner. I was subbing at middle school (for the first AND last time) and thought it would be wonderful to come home to a nicely cooked dinner. So into the crock pot went a bag of baby carrots, several Yukon Gold potatoes, about a 3 pound beef roast, a can of cream of mushroom soup, and a little bit of water. We had a very nice dinner, but of course, there were leftovers!

So tonight we had a family favorite meal that I frequently make the day after a pot roast. It's adapted from a Taste of Home recipe and freezes beautifully if you want to make it for a future meal. Doesn't this look good?????



Here's how you make Beef Mushroom Spaghetti:

Cook and drain 8-10 oz. of dry spaghetti. Into the pot with the noodles, stir in about a cup of the leftover soup/juices from the roast. I always skim off the fat before using it, as the fat will have solidified in the refrigerator. Stir in an 8 oz. can of tomato sauce. If your family likes mushrooms, also add a drained can of mushrooms. Then chop up your leftover roast and put a half cup to a cup of the meat into the mixture.

Stir it well and then pour into a greased 8" square pan. At this point, you can cover and freeze. When you want to prepare it, thaw it completely, then proceed. Cover pan with foil and bake at 350° for about 30 minutes, until heated through. Top with parmesan cheese.

I still have some roast left. I don't know if I'll whip up another of these for the freezer, or if I'll make something else tomorrow. Stay tuned...... :-)

3 comments:

  1. I just tried this tonight. Oh man. It is OUTSTANDING. I will be making this again for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this for dinner this week and it was OUTSTANDING. It sounds so basic yet is so tasty!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments....please let me know you were visiting!